Thursday, March 29, 2012

YG Family on Dara and dating

Click to view full size image
The recent episode of Strong Heart was a "YG Family Special" that featured the entertainment company's top artists like Psy, Bigbang, Se7en, Gummy, Tablo, Sean and 2ne1. It attracted a lot of viewers not just in Korea but also around the world since some YG artists rarely go on talk and variety shows.


The episode surely made a tremendous impact to fans as the artists did a lot of honest sharing about themselves, even including mushy and surprising revelations about one another. But one of the highlights was that of 2ne1's pretty noona Sandara Park, whom the public knows as YG's precious gem.  Her label mates revealed some interesting facts about her ever so popular dating ban and the type of men that she likes.


Seungri:
Dara always says on TV that she has never dated, when in fact she is a very scary girlShe told me she was lonely so I set her up with two guys who were Lee Seung Gi style, the type of guys that every girl likes. But Dara didn’t keep in contact with them so they both lost touch.

Seungri continued to talk about a third guy that he introduced to her. He was a gentle guy who actively approached Dara with an open heart. He even went to her house to see her but she did not come out to meet him.

Dara explained, “He was someone who actively pursued me but I was worried about how he might have a misconception of who I really am. I have a bright and cute image on television but in reality, I am not like that. I was scared that he would leave after he found out what I am really like."

Seungri added, “The Sandara Park everyone knows is the wrong image. The statements that she never dated, which she said because of the dating ban, are lies.

Se7en:
“Text messages keep coming recently”, revealing Dara’s biggest problem with her low standards. “The four or five guys, that she asked me if okay, didn’t really act like men. They had bad personalities or bad manners. You see, she likes younger men. She doesn’t see them as men if they are the same age as her or older. She likes flower boys, like Lee Seung Gi.

CL:
I introduced Sandara to a number of guys,” Seungri remarked. “But one said that she hung up on him when he tried to call and talk to her.”

Sandara attempted to explain the situation and said, “That’s because CL picked up the phone and hung up on him.

CL shared, “Seungri has a loud voice, so when he calls Sandara, everyone in the room can hear himBut that day, something was strange. I felt like it was an unfamiliar man who was calling her, so I picked up the phone instead and hung up.” When asked why she did so, she answered, “Because I’m the leader, and we are banned from dating.”


During the show, Dara also shared that her dating ban will be lifted by the agency and revealed that she had asked Se7en and Seungri to help her overcome her loneliness. To showcase her charms to her potential boyfriend out there, she performed her parody of Se7en’s, ‘Even if I Can’t Sing‘ by changing the lyrics to fit a girl who gets dumped by her boyfriend because she has no aegyo.  She called the song, ‘Even if I Don’t have Aegyo’.



The lyrics, “Even if I don’t have aegyo, even if I cannot wear short skirts, even if I can not longer fool around, and turn 30 soon.  Can you love me just the way I am?” brought laughter to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment