Saturday, December 18, 2010

Fil-Am actress stars in ‘Mean Girls’ sequel

MANILA, Philippines — After Vanessa Hudgens and Anna Maria Perez de Tagle, it's Filipino-American Disney actress Nicole Anderson's turn to make waves across Hollywood as she stars in “Mean Girls 2.”

Taking the reigns from Lindsay Lohan and the rest of "The Plastics," Nicole plays "Plastic" Hope Plotkin. However, compared to its predecessor, the movie features a cast of relatively unknown young actors.

While “Mean Girls” featured Lohan’s character singlehandedly taking revenge on main "Plastic" Regina (Rachel McAdams), “Mean Girls 2” will show three friends forming "The Anti-Plastics" to counter the new trio of overbearing "Plastics."

The movie wrapped up filming last July and is slated for a Jan. 23, 2011 premiere in the US via the ABC Family channel.

The "Disney" traces her Filipino roots from mother, Negros Occidental native Anami. Although based in the US, Nicole expressed her pride for being Pinoy and love for Filipino food.

“My favorite’s halo-halo and I love sinigang and pancit. My mom makes me these vegetarian egg rolls. I also have a tattoo on my ribcage and one of the things on it says ‘Mahal kita,'” she told ABS-CBNNews.com” in a report dated Nov. 16.

Nicole, who attained mainstream success when she played the role of Macy Misa--Nick Jonas’ love interest on the now-defunct “Disney” Original TV series “Jonas"--opened up on being included in the show.

“It was my first stable job so it was, ‘Wow, this is awesome, I’m gonna be able to do what I really love to do on a regular basis.’ And then I booked it with my best friend and the Jonas Brothers. It was a win-win-win all over the place.

“When we came back for the second season, I found out that Nick and I would be love interests on the show so I was, like, ‘That’s not a shabby job.’ He’s a really, really cool guy,” Nicole shared.

She also mentioned seeking more mature roles, but none of the wild and daring stuff.

Currently, Nicole plays a recurring character on the TV drama series “Make It Or Break It,” a show about gymnasts striving to make it to the Olympic Games. Incidentally, Nicole herself used to be a competing gymnast in her younger years. However, she was forced to retire early due to sustaining numerous injuries.

Meanwhile, the 20-year old actress also addressed the recent emotional breakdown of fellow Disney talent Demi Lovato.

“I think with Demi– she is a young girl, she’s a teenager. Every teenager goes through their angst phase, you know, where they wanna rebel, kinda go through teenage hormone issues. Unfortunately for her she has to do it in the spotlight,” she said.

Manila Bulletin

No comments:

Post a Comment