Sunday, March 27, 2011

Marie Digby joins "ASAP Rocks"; talks about Sam Milby


Singer-guitarist Marie Digby has signed for an album with Star Records and for regular perfomances on "ASAP Rocks."

She, however, is unsure if she wants to go into acting, too. “I don’t know if I can act,” said she to abscbnnews.com. Among local acts that she wants to work with is her close friend Sam Milby with whom Digby wants to duet. She also disclosed an ardent interest in singing with KC Concepcion, whom she met during a recent interview on “The Buzz.”

In that interview, Digby expressed her intention to alleviate the sufferings of those affected by the recent tragedy that struck her homeland, Japan. She hopes to help raise funds for the victims by holding charitable events.

“People are in dire need: they need food, they need shelter, they need water, they need gasoline and other things,” said she. “[And] I’m gonna do whatever I can to give back, to help [them] through my music. Maybe record an album and do concerts [to raise funds].”

Meanwhile, past reports claim that Marie and Sam shared a long-distance relationship after the latter’s breakup with Anne Curtis. But the “relationship” didn’t prosper as the two singers decided to be just friends.

Marie, in an interview with PEP, cited distance as the reason her supposed romance with Sam Milby didn’t blossom. “Distance is the most obvious factor. We live in two different countries and it’s hard for anything to grow when you don’t see each other. Sam is very special to me because he doesn't even realize how special he is. I think he’s very modest. He doesn't realize that he’s got that ‘it’ factor and he’s charming. He walks into a room and people would go crazy and he doesn't even realize that. That’s what makes him special,” Marie related.

The “Say It Again” singer admitted that she and Sam, who are both single, still communicate with each other. Marie also admitted that Sam is aware of her vacation in the country for a few months.

“Yes, he’s aware I’m here, [although it was] hard to get in touch with him because communication lines bogged down when I left Japan. We don’t really get into details about our work, but I’m sure he knows that I’m coming to the Philippines. Even if I don’t have too many details about it, I was just kinda going day by day with the schedule,” the 28-year-old star said.

“Sam is very supportive of my career and it’s really nice to have people I know here. It’s a foreign country and I don’t speak Tagalog unfortunately, so it’s nice to know people here and he can help me out.”

Manila Bulletin

No comments:

Post a Comment