Saturday, December 08, 2012

Sunggyu talks about his 'grandpa' image


Leader Kim Sunngyu of idol group INFINITE is cheerfully known to fans as ‘Grandpa Kyu’. The nickname is humorous although he explained several times on television broadcasts that he’s not sluggish in real life. During a recent interview for Newsen, the idol once again explained “I wish they’d understand now that I’m not like that”.

He added “My variety image? Broadcasts are only broadcasts so I decided not to care about it but a lot of fans think that I’m tired and that it looks like my waist hurts. I have to look cool on stage so I can’t laugh. I’m preparing without any expression on my face but when I’m too quiet the fans think that I’m sick. Anywhere I go, 80% of the gifts are red ginseng. Because I receive so much of it, I send some home and share it as well. I’m happy and thankful but I’m healthy, I think it’s like that because other people ask me ‘You’re tired right? You’re sick right?’. They said I looked like I had no strength but it’s not like that.

I’m very healthy and bright. I don’t think I’m an old man or someone like that. Old man’s image is too strong. I’m the hyung in the team so I think it’s like that because I have that image. But that’s not a bad thing so I don’t care about it.

Sunggyu just promoted his first solo album’s title song 60 Seconds and is going to end promotions soon. He is planning to release the music video of I Need You afterwards.

dkpopnews

No comments:

Post a Comment