Thursday, February 18, 2010

Barbie Xu overcomes water phobia

TAIPEI: Taiwanese actress Barbie Xu was made to strip down to a tiny tube top and overcome aqua phobia while filming upcoming romantic film "Hot Summer Days".

Xu, who already had to shed her beloved shoulder length tresses for the movie, was required to put on a skimpy singlet and shorts during a scene where she jumps into the sea at Hong Kong's Repulse Bay. She then had to remove her singlet leaving her in a tiny tube top with her back and belly exposed.

"It was so scary, that was the day I wore the least clothes during the entire production," the 33-year-old said. "When we were shooting in the morning, a lot of tourists already noticed and the paparazzi arrived in the afternoon. I did not dare to come out a whole 20 minutes after I had changed into the clothes, because there were so many people and cameras pointed at me. I kept thinking of ways to avoid exposing myself because the paparazzi were out to take pictures of that! However, the director said it was getting dark so I had no choice but to come out ".

The scene was also challenging for her as it required her to overcome her fear of water and jump into the sea. She began to have a fear of water when she almost drowned in a swimming pool at the age of 16. "I did not warm up and it was a cold day so I had a leg cramp and started sinking. My friends thought I was joking and did not save me," she recounted. "It was a terrifying experience." She said she only became fine with the scene when the director assured her that they were only shooting her leaping into the sea, while the underwater scenes will be shot at a safe location. "After shooting that scene, I am now not as afraid of water as before," she said, adding that she plans to bring younger sister Dee Hsu for a swim at the pool during the summer.

Xu, best known for her role as Shancai in the hit Taiwanese idol drama "Meteor Garden", plays a terminally-ill, tattoo-loving, motorcycle-riding tomboy that sets out to help other people fulfill their dreams in the upcoming romance movie. It is slated to hit the big screen on February 25.
source: asianfanatics

I have always been a fan of this woman!
Best of luck, dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment