Monday, February 08, 2010

Malaysian actress Carmen Soo still adjusting in Philippine Showbiz

"It's still something like a culture shock, so I'm not used to it yet."

Malaysian actress Carmen Soo made a short visit to the Philippines for the launch of her new product endorsement, Clinelle, held last Saturday at THE BLOCK in SM North Edsa, Quezon City.

After the hosting and dating games hosted by Clinelle, Carmen proceeded to the autograph signing for her fans. Until now, she is still amazed that many Filipinos still recognize her despite her long absence from Philippine television. Her last show was a teleserye Kahit Isang Saglit (2008) in which she was paired with (my idol) Jericho Rosales.

About the attention she's been getting from Filipinos:
" Honestly, i haven't gotten used to it. "

How celebrity life differs in the Philippines and Malaysia:
" I don't know if you know Malaysia, it's quiet different. I'm free in Malaysia, everyone is more relaxed. Here, they're very passionate about the shows being shown and and the actors themselves. It's kinda weird being in a foreign country and and being recognized and they wanna take take photos and there are a lot of fans. They are really, really showing undying support. I'm really thankful."

Meeting her Pinoy friends:
" Every time I come, I call everyone I know, meeting all my friends. I feel so busy - breakfast, lunch, merienda (snacks) and even dinner - meeting everyone. "

Next project in the country:
" ABS-CBN has a project lined up for me... I think I can only say that it will be very, very soon. "

Then she reveals:"I'm spending more time in the Philippines this year."
source: pep.ph

Good luck to you, Carmen!
And yes, we Filipinos are really like that to celebrities.

No comments:

Post a Comment