Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Wonder Girls' Sunye to wed in 2013



It has been announced that Wonder Girls Sunye will be tying the knot with her Canadian-Korean boyfriend next year. As fans know, Sun has often expressed her sincere and deep affections for her significant other, so this announcement may not come as a complete surprise, but it is one that has come quite sooner than expected.

JYP Entertainment stated the following through an official email to allkpop:
Hello, this is JYP Entertainment. Wonder Girls’ leader Sun (Min Sunye), an artist under our agency, will be getting married on January 26th of next year. Sun, who debuted in 2007 and led the Wonder Girls as their leader for six years, recently informed the agency as well has the Wonder Girls’ members about her intentions, and understanding that her decision has come after much thought, we have decided to respect her decision. Sun will be focusing on her marriage and family life for the time being, and the other members of Wonder Girls will be concentrating on individual activities such as acting, producing, solo albums, and broadcast activities. We hope for many messages of congratulations and encouragement. Thank you.

Sunye herself also opened up about the announcement through a letter to her fans which she posted on Wonder Girls’ official fan cafe. The letter was titled, “A letter I am sending on November 27, 2012.” She genuinely thanks her fans for the last 6 years of support they've given to the Wonder Girls.

She stated, “I’m not the type to get nervous on stage.. But right at this moment.. Honestly I’m a little nervous. While there are times that I might post things for no special reason, today there is a rather special reason. Although I can’t always see you, as people who are close to me and I am truly thankful for, I would rather tell you myself than have you all hear this from other people. January 26, 2013 will be a very special day to me. I will be getting married, making two people one and beginning to walk the path of life together.

Don’t be too sad! Like the way we've laughed and cried together throughout the years, I hope you can share my feelings from where you are on January 26th. And the Wonder Girls members who were there for me and believed in me throughout the decision-making process.. And the JYP employees and family. Thank you all so much!

Best wishes to the couple!
ALLKPOP

No comments:

Post a Comment