Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Hyosung and her figure issues


Although Hyosung of popular girl group SECRET is gifted with a glamorous body and is envied by a lot of women out there, the idol revealed that there was a time when her curves caused her some concern. On the May 6th broadcast of Hello, a mother shared her worries about her daughter who tries to be like a man.

The mother shared that her daughter would also resort to wrapping her breasts tightly with bands to flatten them and hide her figure. Hearing this, MC Shin Dong Yup asked, “Perhaps she was embarrassed by her bodily changes [going through puberty]?

The celebrity guests who appeared on the show sympathized with the daughter though, especially Hyosung who revealed that her curves made her feel uncomfortable during her school days. “I could feel the eyes of boys on me, so I was embarrassed. During P.E. class I would run hunched over to hide my figure.

In addition, during another part of the show, Hyosung also revealed the dilemma she faced about losing weight after reading varying opinions from the public. “After reading a comment that said I was short and stocky, I was shocked and decided to lose weight. However, after I lost weight, I started reading comments like ‘She looks weirder after losing weight. She was better before.’ So after reading things like that, I was hurt and didn’t know what I should be doing.

Hearing her struggle, the MCs consoled her saying, “You look pretty either way.

ALLKPOP

No comments:

Post a Comment