Monday, January 19, 2015

The Pope's record-breaking visit to the Philippines


Pope Francis visited the Philippines and captured millions of hearts.

Let me begin this post by confessing how emotional I was during the Holy Father's 5-day visit in my homeland. I wasn't able to fly to Manila nor in Tacloban to follow the crowd and see him personally (work reasons) but if I were there, I wouldn't even want to imagine how I would look like. As a Catholic myself, the pope's visit is truly an honor and a blessing. And I have to say I have so much respect now for AFP and PNP for a job very well done.


The Pope waves to the crowd with President Aquino

A huge crowd of Filipino faithful gather in excitement along Roxas Boulevard in Manila, Philippines, as they welcome the motorcade of Pope Francis.




People in Tacloban all wet and cold while eagerly waiting for the pope




The Pope celebrated mass in Tacloban amidst typhoon signal #2 warning




Pope passes by a portrait of himself on his way to the University of the Philippines to meet the youth


The concluding mass at Quirino Grandstand with a record-breaking 6 million Filipinos in attendance







Pope waves goodbye to the Filipinos

BONUS: (because the pope loves little chidren)

  

  


PHOTOS not mine.
(C) RAPPLER, BBC, GMA, ABSCBN, SCMP, Google Images


No comments:

Post a Comment