Monday, January 09, 2012

David Archuleta to star in TV5 series


American singer David Archuleta is set to return to the country this week not to hold a concert, but to film a TV series for local network TV5.
 
"The American idol star is scheduled to arrive in Manila on January 13 to do a primetime series for TV5 with homegrown Kapatid stars Jasmin Curtis-Smith and Eula Caballero,” read the network’s full statement posted on its official website on January 8.

On "Paparazzi" Sunday, host Cristy Fermin said that details of the project such as the title and time slot will be announced at a later date. Other host Ruffa Gutierrez said that the singer recently signed the contract with TV5, but did not specify the date. A separate report on InterAksyon.com, TV5’s online news portal, posted also on Sunday stated, “The signing of Archuleta is seen to further boost the attempts of TV5, currently the third biggest broadcasting network in the Philippines, to climb up the rankings.” More, “The signing of an international star of Archuleta's youth and talent, arguably in his prime, is bound to shake up the Philippine entertainment industry.

This follows Archuleta’s announcement last Dec. 19 during the Salt Lake City leg of his "My Kind of Christmas Tour" that he would be temporarily leaving the music industry for two years “to serve a fulltime mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-day Saints.

It’s not because someone told me that I’m supposed to do it, not because I no longer want to do music anymore, but it’s because of the feeling that I felt that I need to do next in my life. It’s just the same feeling that I’ve always followed, try to follow in my life. It's the feeling that's allowed me to have the opportunities I've had, the challenges I've had to overcome, and the blessings, too. I’ve learned to trust that feeling. I’ve learned that I need to answer when He calls. And that’s the reason I know that I need to do this in my life,” the 21-year old singer explained.

Archuleta finished second on seventh season of “American Idol” aired in 2008. Prior to this upcoming stint on Philippine TV, Archuleta has performed in the country thrice.

MANILA BULLETIN

No comments:

Post a Comment