Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Joey G won't leave Side A


Despite his solo album, Stand, hitting the the top of iTunes Philippines chart, Joey Generoso has no plans of abandoning his long time group Side A"No way," Joey shared. "I owe the band a big deal. They're a big part of who I am today."

The singer admitted that he asked for his band mates' blessings before embarking on his new musical journey. "It's not like I was actually expecting them to say no. They're very happy for me. We have freedom. We allow pursuits individually," he explained.

Joey also said the chance to record a solo album after 25 years of working in a group setting was a welcome surprise. "It’s like an 'Oops moment.' I’ve been in the industry for so long and I never thought I’d be surprised like this when the offer came. I'm just really happy."

He further said having Stand makes him feel like a kid again. "It reminds me of the time when I was young, doing solo gigs. It’s exciting how I’m like starting over. I’m all alone again, it’s challenging."

No comments:

Post a Comment