Thursday, August 30, 2012

Richard Poon dating Maricar Reyes


Currently the envy of many men is big band crooner Richard Poon who has proudly divulged being in a blissful romantic relationship with actress-model Maricar Reyes. Poon made the big reveal himself in a recent interview on KrisTV detailing, though rather vaguely, the date they became official.

"Just last July. I think July 1st," Richard stammered. Upon prodding of show host Kris Aquino, the singer went on to say that he just might seriously consider marrying Maricar in the near future.The singer  promised to always try and make Reyes happy. "I'm a man myself. I have my own shortcomings and all, but I will try my best, everything that I can do for her," he said.

Richard and Maricar first met in 2009 while doing the music video for his single You And I. At the time Maricar was embroiled in a big scandal relating  to the release of several amateur sex videos that purportedly involved her and Hayden Kho, Jr. Richard, on the other hand, was then parrying malicious insinuations relating to his sexual orientation following his curious declaration on the now defunct talk show Entertainment Live! that he'd rather be linked to Sam Milby than Valerie Concepcion. A year later, Poon announced his intention of courting Reyes.

Asked what prompted him to reveal his pursuit on her, he told PEP, "There's nothing to hide.But he was non-committal when asked if she approves of him publicizing his ardent pursuit of her. "I think we've discussed it once or twice. I respect her for every decision she has. If she chooses to be silent, then, for me, if she's that important to me, I'd give her that space she needs. But if ever one day she shocks all of you by saying something about me, wow, I'll be the happiest man."

More than her good looks, Richard said he is drawn to Maricar's innate kindness. “She's a good person if you really get to know her," said he.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment