Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Kim Heechul closes his Twitter account


Super Junior‘s Kim Heechul may have been actively serving in the military and is recently out of the spotlight, but that doesn’t stop crazy fans from following him around. And just recently, this normally funny guy surprisingly closed his @Heedictator Twitter account after posting one last tweet that quiet relates to an experience with some sasaeng fans.

On July 9th, Heechul wrote:
Please do not follow me to my house or to my ward office. I thought that I became a bit more good-hearted now that I’m 30, but I guess that’s just not for me. I still feel the after effects of my accident, and it’s frightening to put my life on the line and drive away as if I’m running from something. I know this sounds arrogant, and I know people may be disappointed, but I only have one life to live. It’s my fault for being unable to be more understanding. And to all you [taxi drivers], please don’t rip off foreign fans who don’t know any better. Taking advantage of young kids with smiles on your faces make you guys look like thugs. In closing, I just hope that victims like this will not arise again. I will live quietly for the next year, without tweeting anything. I will see everyone in a year. Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday.

Fans commented “This should be a lesson that fans should know how to give idols a breather”, “Sasaengs are scary just by years of reading articles. They should just stop at sending letters and gifts”, “I do hope fans can at least minimize their stalking. We all know our idols still need some privacy from time to time”, “His was one of the best accounts ever” and “We will wait for you, Heenim!

His last post left many fans concerned and upset that a communication passageway had been closed.  And until now, many are still dumbfounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment