Friday, July 27, 2012

Nichkhun: "I'm truly ashamed, I'm sorry"


2PM member Nichkhun broke his silence on his involvement in the drunk driving incident last July 24 where he hit a motorcycle, saying it was an "irresponsible act" on his part. He posted a letter of apology on his Twitter account to say that he was sorry to the victim and his family and fans.

"I would like to write this letter of apology for such an irresponsible act. To the injured person, his family, the people of Korea, my fans, JYPE family and staffs, 2PM members, and all the people this situation has affected. I have betrayed the ones who have given me their love and support, the love and support I don’t deserve with such behavior. I feel the need to take some time off to re-think about my action and myself, to make myself a better person and never again repeat the same mistake. I am truly ashamed that I have disappointed so many, and I am deeply sorry.

As such, he has decided to take some time off from his career, an action which JYP Entertainment has announced.

An intoxicated Nichkhun was driving a car in Seoul in the early morning of July 24 when he hit the motorcyclist. The victim fell to the ground and was injured. CCTV footage of the accident was shown on Korean TV. Authorities found Nichkhun to be drunk with his blood alcohol content (BAC) to be 0.056 percent, which resulted in the automatic suspension of his license. He was booked for drunk driving. JYP Entertainment immediately issued an apology over the incident and said that Nichkhun had two glasses of beer during a get-together with JYP artists before driving home.  It said it would cooperative with the police on the matter.

In a notice on the company website, JYP Entertainment said it respects Nichkhun's decision. He will be stopping all his activities for now including not attending the JYP Nation concert and JYP Fans' Day.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment