Monday, June 11, 2012

Hero Angeles still bitter over Sandara Park?

Just read this news today and after reading the whole article from ABS-CBN I just went, “Oh dear, someone still holds a grudge”. Personally, as a teenager at that time, I was also rooting for this couple to really date off-screen. I guess some things, and people, are truly not meant to be. I’ll be sharing with you the translated article I found from DKPOPNEWS. Read and behold, folks.
>> 
His slow decline from stardom started when his former on-screen partner Sandara Park returned to her native Korea to start her own career, former actor Hero Angeles said. Even during their more celebrated times as a love team, constant quarrels plagued their relationship off-cam, forcing them to put on affection for their throngs of fans back then. Hero, in an interview on Showbiz Inside Report, recounted his thriving career in show business, a world he was catapulted into by way of emerging champion in reality search Star Circle Quest in 2003. Sandara, his fellow "questor", was a constant attachment to his name, which Angeles said, eventually proved detrimental to the health of his career.
It didn't help that they had constantly argued despite their sweet image on camera. He said "She was like, weird; like she was a cartoon character. Her culture--their culture--was different. The things she was into were different, but she had people whom she gelled with. We were amiable then, but we fought a lot. I don't know, but it seemed she was always pissed at me."
Their quarreling eventually led to a confrontation where Sandara admitted disliking him. Despite this, he decided to keep showing their supporters that they are still in good terms. He said "I talked to her one time; there were even people who witnessed it. She was staring blankly at the table. I approached her and asked, "What's your problem?" She just looked at me and said, "I don't like you." I said, "Why? Did I do something wrong?" She didn't respond. I needed, I said, I needed to show our fans that we were okay, because I don't want to get mad at her."  he added.
Two films and one TV series later, things took a turn for the worse when Sandara decided to return to Korea, her native country, to pursue a similar career path. Goodbye, Sandara. Her sudden departure to Korea, he said, was the beginning of his career's downward spiral, as almost all of his project had him attached with his on-screen partner.
Hero continued, "It started when Sandara left. I was angry at her, so much. We were about to shoot a movie, which was supposed to be like her farewell movie. There were so many projects lined up like commercials and stuff, then suddenly she left in a snap."
Hero sought to salvage his solo career with ABS-CBN, but the alleged mishandling of his showbiz engagements by his brother and manager Henry only served to aggravate the situation. In 2008, he formally transferred to GMA where he starred in a number of television series. His last major TV project was in 2009.
Asked if he intends to make a showbiz comeback, Angeles said he intends to become an actor again should opportunities arise. He said "If a door opens, I would enter it. I would knock on it, but it depends on the door."
Since returning to Korea, Sandara on the other hand, has enjoyed immense popularity and success as part of performing girl group 2NE1.

===============================================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment